While on the Schwinn Ambassador trip to Nantucket, we were biking everyday and sometimes in the rain so it’s important to be prepared for every scenario. While packing for a trip, I like to pack as little as possible, think inflatable water bottles and athleisure outfits that can go from day to night. I travel for work regularly and have been to over 25 countries and on hundreds of planes and trains. Here are some travel tips that I live by and what I pack regularly in my carry-on and for a fitness trip.
My packing tips…
- Think ahead! If you have an itinerary it’s easy to think of how many outfits you’ll need, but if you always forgot something (headphones, chargers, hat, scarf, etc.) then open your travel bag a week before your trip and when you remember an item, just throw it in your bag. If you travel regularly, you can leave these items in your travel bag too.
- Roll your clothes; they take up way less space and they’re less prone to getting wrinkles in them. Trust me, after packing for thousands of trips around the world and having tried every folding method possible, this one allows me to get the most items in any bag.
- Don’t pack too much! Make sure you edit your bag when you’re done packing and leave space for souvenirs or other items you may purchase. I’ve never regretted carrying a light bag!
- My number one rule that always makes traveling a little less stressful is that if you do happen to forget something, you can always buy it at your destination, so don’t stress! And of course, double-check your passport, medicine and other essential items you can’t replace prior to leaving for your trip.
What to pack…
- These track pants can go from a day of biking to a night of, well whatever! Pair them with an oversized shirt or a sports bra. Aday Track Pants
- The perfect hoodie to wear during a bike warm up or on cooler nights. MPG Cropped Hoodie
- One piece outfits take up little space in your travel bag and are quick and easy, you really can’t go wrong. Ultracor Lux Knockout Print Unitard
- This bag is lightweight, your things will never get dry and you can clip your bike helmet onto the straps. Watershed Big Creek Dry Bag
- Comfortable and versatile. What else do you need for a bike trip? Asics GEL-Fit Yui
My carry-on essentials…
- For sleeping anywhere (not on a bike). iluminage Skin Rejuvenating Eye Mask
- Perfect for in-flight dryness or during a bike break. Evian Mineral Water Spray
- For biking emergencies. Kleenex Skim Pack Tissues
- Fits anywhere! Vapur Shades Foldable Water Bottle
- Just in case! Visine Dry Eye Relief
- For charging on the go, no outlet necessary. Tech21 Clear iPhone Case
Entrepreneur. Host. Beauty Guru. Writer. Or-Air TV Expert. Jeanette Zinno turned her passions of writing, TV appearances and traveling into a career and can’t wait to show you how she incorporates Schwinn into it all. Jeanette’s contributed, and has been quoted, in publications such as About.com, Glamour, Good Housekeeping and Pop Sugar Fitness.
In her free time, Jeanette enjoys horseback riding, surfing and skiing and Schwinn fits right into this lifestyle. Jeanette recently moved to Brooklyn and volunteers at several animal shelters and believes in leading a healthy sustainable life.