With spring upon us many people do start to find ways to add a little spring to their step by cleaning out the clutter that builds up in the winter season. Here are my 5 tips on how to remove clutter from your home, and add a bit of organization to your life this spring.
1. If you don’t wear it/use it, get rid of it: This one is hard for me, I love my closet of clothes, but a lot of them I have had for years and never wear; at this point it’s time to sift through what I have and decide; donate, throw it away, or keep it.
2. .Do not skimp on things that separate you from the ground – i.e. shoes, mattresses, bike/car tires: This one I recently learned from my friend who decided it was time to buy new running shoes and we both have decided it’s a rule to live by. Make sure to maintain and replace your tires, buy new shoes, and get rid of that mattress that has permanently molded to the shape of your body.
3. Make your bed in the morning: This small act may seem unimportant, but it really is a great way to start your day. Not only will your bedroom look clean, but you will also be able to check the first accomplishment off for your day. What a great start!
4. Find time to relax: The world is a stressful place and things move fast. Stress is a literal killer and the only way to combat it is to find a time where you can do something for yourself. Exercise, meditate, bake, go on a bike ride ;). Do something that you enjoy and that will reduce tension.
5. Allow yourself a junk drawer: I just read this idea lately, and I love it! Sometimes you need a place to just stow all the random parts of your life that don’t really have a proper place; the junk drawer can be that place of purposeful chaos.
Get Out and Ride,